Re: Need some advice

Emily makes some very good points. I looked at the first images thinking
this shoot was just playtime but the further I got into the images the
easier it was to see that you were doing some promo photography work for
this realtor. Then I became very confused as to what the car, the dog,
the houses, the signs all had to say about this guy and of course I
began wondering what the purpose of the photographs would be. The more I
saw the more confused I became although I think several of the images
are very good.

I would be cautious, as Emily suggests, in not presenting this guy as
too rich...I wouldn't care how many cars he has or what kind of dogs he
has, I would care about how he's going to work for me to sell my house.
These photos show off the fact that he is obviously well-to-do but they
don't show me that he's a nice guy and easy to work with...that's what
I'd want to know.

I do think you need to open the shadows in the eyes a bit with some fill
flash and I'd get closer. I'd also pay attention to where you place him
in the frame in shots with houses...in some images he looks overly large
compared to the house and in others there is so much roof showing that
it's distracting. You might consider him posed as if welcoming someone
into a home...take advantage of the opportunities presented by doorways.

I would ditch every one of the images with his for sale sign in
them...the sign looks garrish and cheap compared to his clothing, the
car and the houses. Actually, I take that back...the image 663 would be
very good if the background object were a a house and not a car. You
could definitely work with this concept and get some good images with
the right house in the right setting.

I'm curious about how these images were shot as I'm noticing some color
bleeding from his white shirt in several images...644 is one. There
seems to be flare caused by the whiteness of his shirt. This tends to be
a digital phenomenon as far as I know.

All that being said, I really, really like image 669 and if this guy is
trying/wishing to show off his well-to-do status this would be a great
print to have framed in the office!

Lea