Going on organized photo tours like the NGS probably helps many travelers come back with classic NG shots but not much that is the traveler's own.

Cheers,

Steve

At 06:22 PM 10/23/2004, you wrote:
Hi Steve,
What is overpriced is the NGS price.
I gave my example to a quite reasonable one.
Some meals were included and other were cost almost nothing.
Is NGS "prestige"  worth so much ?  and why ?

Pini
_______________________
Pini Vollach
http://www.pinimage.com
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Steve Hanges
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 12:35 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: RE: NGS Photography Workshops

Pini,

I'm curious why you believe that that was overpriced.  I spent several days in Jordan and Petra and the ~$105/day it cost you seems pretty good.  I paid about the same per day at the Taybet Zaman resort and did not have a 4x4, but food was included.  Did you also have to pay for your meals?  I hauled all of my gear and film with me and bought none there.

Having been in the travel business in the past and seeing the way it's being squeezed now by airlines and hotels, I'm never surprised that tours, which make all of the arrangements for a traveler, are priced fairly high.  Also, in this instance, you're paying for NGS "prestige".  RIT charges $425 per person for two days in New York City and tours also vary by destination.

Regards,

Steve