Re: the end is nayy...

> Sorry about this post.  I sent it before looking at the pix.  And
after
> some excitement at home.  Now I think some of my stuff is good
enough.....

> One thing though, why not critique the pix consructivley?

Bob

It's a cycle that goes round and round.

In the past I have tried that - then I remember that most here are
really quite experienced/accomplished photographers.  Some react quite
strongly / defensively to comments about cropping, lighting etc.
Then, you point out things you think could/would have improved the
presentation - and your comments are classed as nit-picking.
Then you tell the truth, be blunt, and make enemies.
Then you just be polite - and dwell only on the nice aspects ...

... and at last everyone thanks you for your review ;o)

How can you be constructive without really knowing the author, or
specifically their skill level and specific reasons for posting the
specific image?

If you read my "Review of the crappy gallery" there are plenty of
serious comments woven in.
How though can you be constructive to David Small's image?
His normal standards are better (technically) so what point is there
in the almost condescending "David, you need to concentrate on holding
the camera steady or use a faster shutter speed ...". I take the view
that David knows what he is doing and has therefore consciously
submitted a blurred photo: I look at it and think, "what was he trying
to convey by the blur?  Did it work?"