Re: Fw: Suggestions and Recomendations needed

: >Ah, I was about to say , lie about the ISO but of course that only
: >applies to film cameras.
:
: Actually, it applies to digis too, since one sets the ISO of choice.
: Elisha called a few minutes ago and made another suggestion, however
: - to set the camera to -1/3 as its default state.  That would, of
: course, cause the camera to bracket as I wish.
:
: >If you save raw, is there any real benefit to bracketing? (by only
: >1/3 stop that is).
:
: Well, I sure can see the difference and if something's blown out you
: have to screw with the entire image's color balance to adjust for it
: in RAW.

my understanding of RAW is that it's a direct sensor dump from the ccd to
the memory card without interpretation.

 ie with no settings like ISO / colour balance etc being applied IN camera
(the steps handled by the camera firmware and software - interpolation
algorithyms, colour adjustments, colour temperature etc) it's just a mass
of data.  When the data is evaluated on the computer later, that's where
such things are 'set' and the image is modified to suit the camera settings
post-shoot.