Re: Fw: Suggestions and Recomendations needed

At 5:26 PM +0200 10/19/04, Qkano wrote:
 <<-2/3, -1/3, normal. My 10D doesn't seem to permit
that in the auto bracket sequence.>>

Ah, I was about to say , lie about the ISO but of course that only applies to film cameras.

Actually, it applies to digis too, since one sets the ISO of choice. Elisha called a few minutes ago and made another suggestion, however - to set the camera to -1/3 as its default state. That would, of course, cause the camera to bracket as I wish.

If you save raw, is there any real benefit to bracketing? (by only 1/3 stop that is).

Well, I sure can see the difference and if something's blown out you have to screw with the entire image's color balance to adjust for it in RAW. Now maybe when I upgrade to OS X and get to PS CS it will become less of an issue, but the Canon software for this camera under OS 9.2 is beyond unspeakably lame and I only use it for serious rescues. In addition my Mac's only 450mH and that's very slow for all those conversions under the Canon software. Much faster to bring another version into PS and erase the unwanted layer in PS.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822