Re: Suggestions and Recomendations needed

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:23:34 -0700, Gregory Stempel
<fyrframe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>You do if you want total control over the output and content. By your
>comments should I assume you don't think owning a high end printer is an
>important consideration for either a graphic artist, illustrator or
>photographer?

I like the Fuji Frontier prints much better than any inkjet. Real
photographs that come out looking just the way they did on my screen.
Cheap too. Take the files in on a CF card.

My Epson 890 is now a business printer only. It's days are numbered
though, cause I've had too many problems like it prints slightly
different sizes all the time. And I keep replacing ink carts, though
they are cheap here, it's still a hassle.

The local 1 hour lab has a Frontier and they print up to 10 by 15
glossy. For smaller sizes I can insert my CD or CF card in their
reader, use the touch screen to tell it what size and what to print,
hand them the print slip and take my CF or CD card with me. I've
compared them to the best of my photos I used to get printed from
film, and they blow them away. Ditto with any inkjet prints, even
before they've faded.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
  http://jimdavis.oberro.com/