After dodging bombs in the Sinai, I'm ready to review!

Got back from the Sinai last night...what a way to put a damper on a holiday.  My condolences to those lost, their families, and the Bedouins who will lose oodles of business as a result of some narrow minded fucks.

ADavidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Greg Fraser - Last Summer in Port Burwell

Beautiful photo Greg...fantastic range...I love how the innocent and random play of children and water dissolve into the ether to the right.

Deen Hameed - Big White Background

Definitely hard and contrasty, you were succesful in getting grit (although it would help if she weren't smiling)...great exposure.

D.L. Shipman -

I hope it's only my monitor making it noisy.  Other than that, I like the composition and the color saturation.

Jeff Spirer - Man with Hat

I'm a big fan of tattoo as its purposes of communication and self _expression_ can be solid and bold.  But this piercing thing is still lost on me.  I reminds me of that Levi's kids jeans commercial where the message was buy your own individuality, buy Levi jeans.  Manufactured self _expression_ died with Warhol IMO.  But Jeff, gotta hand it to ya, the model has a cool pose, the image has fantastic color, and the background is absolutely splendid.

Emily L. Ferguson - Mouse Wink

Cute, colorful.  Was the border done with PS7 or 8?  I think the shadow is a little big, or the illusion makes the "print" look a little too far off the matte.  Is this controllable, and how do you do it in PS?

Dan Mitchell - Flatlands

Could be just an optical illusion with the angle of the road, but the horizon appears slightly tilted.  Damn powerlines. I can't count the number of shots I've lost due to them.  Fence on the bottom left is a little distracting.  Nice fluffy clouds...damn powerlines.

Nathaniel Lichten - Transportation

Fantastic exposure.  The bicycle gets a little lost, but I'm too busy looking at the tonal range.  Speaking of the bike, I could have that stripped down in two minutes and make a few bucks on vintage parts for a low rider.

Christopher Strevens - Worship

So, Gulliver goes to Lilliput and his wife ends up hanging with some miniature Anglicans?  Let me guess, the priest in the pulpit has a lollypop for the good girl.  Nice work with the shadows though.

Pini Vollach - Istanbul

Does the Hagia Sophia still have the scaffolding?  Like the composition.  I've found it hard to get good shots in a mosque.  The symmetry can be boring, but if you skew it, it looks off.  Good job.  Gotta love Turkey.  Waiting to see some Cappadocia images.

Andrew Davidhazy - Iguassu

That's one crazy flower.  Love the color.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?