Re: Exposure latitude, D-max and digital cameras

Thanks.  Koren has a lot of useful information.

Roger

I too found google pretty useless for this search. Many hits but nothing really seemed to focus in on what I wanted to know. However, I did find http://www.normankoren.com/digital_tonality.html which was very informative. I only skimmed the article but it appears that digital cameras have a relatively enormous tonal range. I'll have to look through it more carefully later.

Greg

A google search using "quantifying digital image noise" yields this article, http://www.google.com/search?q=quantifying+digital+image+noise&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-, among others. It's a highly technical subject.

Roger

-- _______________________________________ R. Eichhorn Professor Emeritus University of Houston Fax: 713-743-4503 Tel: 713-743-4383 email: eichhorn@xxxxxx