Re: Exposure latitude, D-max and digital cameras

Greg,

A google search using "quantifying digital image noise" yields this article, http://www.google.com/search?q=quantifying+digital+image+noise&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-, among others. It's a highly technical subject.

Roger

When shooting film, we are concerned with exposure latitude. When scanning those negatives, we are concerned with the d-max of our scanner. But as far as I can tell there is no similar measurement for digital cameras. Why is that? Also, why is there no quantitative value for electronic noise?

Greg Fraser
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg