Re: digital printing & print resolution

At 2004-10-06, 18:30:32 Qkano (snapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>At the camera level the dumbest of all (hello Fuji) are those cameras that digitally extrapolate upwards to produce bloated file sizes / higher pixel dimensions.  The reason (picking through all the spin) was that customers had come to ask solely about output pixel resolutions instead of the sensor ones.

FWIW, the S2 _does_ resolve substantially more detail than the 10D or D70/100 cameras. It's not a 12
MP camera for sure, but it's got very, very good detail for a 6MP one. Also, I've found it has a somewhat more usable response (out of the box) than the Canon/Nikon cameras.

Now that I've fiddled with my D70 a little, I would say I am happier with it than I would be with an S2, but I _definitely_ would bag Fuji for the extrapolation.

Best regards,
Deen
2004-10-06 18:57:08

--