Report on "artspace"

Hi PhotoForum Members,

Just another report on "artspace's" progress (the stripmall turned cultural center {:->)

Again, I am passing this information along just because it is so exciting for me. Since you were all here at the beginning of this project, I thought you might be interested.

Another exhibit opened last Saturday. The artist is a Czechoslovakian refugee (now a U.S. citizen) and is also a poet, sculptor, design engineer, mathematician and physics teacher.

He gave a presentation titled "Confrontation of Dreams: An Exhibit and Presentation." In his talk he discussed art, perception, consciousness, love, violence, etc., and how art and physics meet and become one. The event was enjoyed by all.

The artspace is slowly gaining a good reputation and it is so exciting to see, what once was a dark hole next to a liquor store, becoming a bright beam of light, propelled by the arts.

(See, doubters - it can be done {:->)

Now I am bragging - I will be having a solo exhibit opening Sunday, October 3 at another local gallery (not the artspace). The title is "What Value, Life: An Exhibit Prompted by the Stirring of the Soul."

Whatever I am part of when concerning photography, I always give much of the credit for any successes to PhotoForum, Andy and his staff, and all of you. I've learned so much from this list. Thank you.

Marilyn