Re: Can I publish?

Bob Talbot:
> In the UK now (news) most passers by's faces are now blurred out
routinely.  Is it illegal to show them?  Maybe not.  But the media may well
be liable for any damages resulting from doing so.  Heck, the accidental
subject may be "thowing a sickie" from work, out for a walk with thier
mistress, on a witness protection program ...

seems your news media fear litigation Bob.. where did this come from, this
sort of thing is not historically British ?

damn, now you've got me thinking about OUR media in Oz and on reflection I
seem to only see solitary faces in shots these days, the 'busy' scenes, the
groups of faces, the street shots all seem to have dissapeared!

hmm. Our society has become litigous in a way it never was ten years ago -
maybe our 'news' media is nervous about law suites now .. I certainly can't
see them doing it out of respect (avoiding misrepresenting) for people!

a shame.