Re: In search of a FAST image browser

Thanks Gary,

	Actually, I wouldn't mind the 14MB download if that (caption -> keyword) could be implemented. It would dramatically change 'searching' for a keyword, if the program would look up a thesaurus for similiar keywords... sort of like searching by context... :)

	Probably the way to do it, would be to link the words automatically and allow the user to unlink specific words (that the software may have got wrong)...

	Good luck with your software. looking forward to seeing your next version.

Best regards,
Deen
2004-09-20 20:49:25

--
Deen Hameed
0405 649 101 deenhameed@xxxxxxxxxxxx

At 2004-09-20, 20:22:30 Gary Lawton (lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>Without the 14MB download, you can search all the free text fields for
>keywords that you've entered, but not actually add specific keywords.
>I'm planning on adding keyword support without the large download shortly.
>
>I like the idea of automatically keywording an image based on free text
>entered in the caption. For example, I could scan the caption and
>provide a list of similar / linked words which could be added with
>single click each. I'll have to think about the most user friendly way
>to achieve this.
>
>Thanks for your input,
>Gary
>
>Deen Hameed wrote:
>
>>	The most interesting thing (I feel) about lightbox is the ability to catalogue/search on keywords. But I have a couple of questions.
>>
>>	Do i really need to do a 14MB download for that capability?
>>
>>	Secondly, is it possible for the software to automatically catalogue the images, say based on the caption description? I find it quite redundant that I would type a caption and then have to choose and select keywords for an image...
>>
>>	So far I've found IrfanView sufficient for my purposes (fast previews, NEF handling, lossless rotation, thumbnails, basic editing for the thumbnails) and just use a directory structure to manage the catagories...
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Deen
>>2004-09-20 09:55:21
>>

>--