Re: Enlarger lens...UK

Thanks for the Schneider info Per.  Now...in the
condensor, what am I looking for?  The negative
carrier certainly seemes to be part of the overall
design.  What else am I ignorant of?  Please keep
comments on topic people.  :)
--- Elgenper <elgenper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No Schneider lens is "complete rubbish".  That said,
> there is a
> difference between the Componons (top notch) and
> Componars (cheaper).
> However, even a Componar will perform very well if
> stopped down a
> little.  So don´t worry about that.
>
> However, not only the lens and neg carrier, but also
> the condenser (or
> light box in a colour head), must be the correct
> size for the negative
> used.  If the enlarger comes with only a 35 mm
> condenser, it won´t work
> with a 6x6 cm neg, no matter what lens you use.  So
> if I were you, I´d
> check this out before spending money on the lens.
>
> Per Öfverbeck
> http://foto.ofverbeck.se
>

> 2004-09-13 kl. 12.08 skrev trevor cunningham:
>
> > Hey gang.  My employer recently purchased a Kaiser
> enlarger with an
> > adjustable neg carrier (whoopee!  I can finally do
> my own BW
> > MF!...sort of).  However, the enlarger only can
> with a 50mm lens.  I
> > have a friend from the UK coming to Cairo for a
> visit and was
> > wondering if I can find a 75 or 80mm lens to
> accomodate 120 film for
> > around 60-70 pounds.  She'd bring it over no
> problem, my job is to
> > locate such an item.  I found a Schneider lens in
> Jessop's Internet
> > catalog, but am unfamiliar with the brand and
> quality...if it's
> > complete rubbish, I'll ignore it.  Any
> suggestions?

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham