Re: Enlarger lens...UK

No Schneider lens is "complete rubbish". That said, there is a difference between the Componons (top notch) and Componars (cheaper). However, even a Componar will perform very well if stopped down a little. So don´t worry about that.

However, not only the lens and neg carrier, but also the condenser (or light box in a colour head), must be the correct size for the negative used. If the enlarger comes with only a 35 mm condenser, it won´t work with a 6x6 cm neg, no matter what lens you use. So if I were you, I´d check this out before spending money on the lens.

Per Öfverbeck
http://foto.ofverbeck.se