Re: Simultaneously combining the novel with the familiar

SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., the world's third-largest
handset maker, said on Tuesday it was launching the first mobile phone with
a stamp-sized hard disc drive this month that would expand the memory
capacity by 15 times.

The phone is equipped with a one-inch diagonal 1.5 gigabyte hard disc drive
that expands the memory capacity of mobile phones from the conventional 100
megabyte.

It also comes with a *mega-pixel camera* and boasts a high-resolution
2.2-inch liquid crystal display. The phone includes features such as MP3
player, electronic book and a dictionary.

The South Korean firm said a powerful microphone enhanced the phone's
camcorder function, while dual speakers provide a three dimensional sound
effect. It did not give a price for the phone, which will be available in
Korea this month.

this should put a huge dent in the camera market!

sigh..

if the amateurs get into these the way it's reported consumers have in
Japan (cam phones that is)  then I wonder where we'll all be in a few years
time?

pro's with phones?

nah, it'd never happen!

oh wait - there's a film festival calling for submissions of movies made on
phones.

hmmmm