Review of the gallery from 04 SEP 04

               Pini Vollach - Eilat

To decipher the caption I had to check the website. Yes -- there's a banner
telling us to adopt the Eilat lifestyle. For me -- what made me dislike that
lifestyle, was probably the palette of the out-of-focus colours.
I can physically feel Your intention, Pini, having myself repeatedly seen the
mystery of the world through unfocused lens, but the gamut calls the curtain.

               Jeff Spirer - Laundry

I instinctively tried to pull out the inner sleeve of the seemingly special
edition of the "Physical Graffiti" LP, just to have a glimpse what is going
on behind those windows.
With no success of doing so I suddenly understood that this is simply a vivid
image of a vivid scene in perfect angle and tonality.

               Deen Hameed - Agfa Isolette

I guess everyone who has ever held an oldie and made some pictures with one
gets the same feeling seeing an image like this. The poetics of the image
goes far beyond the digital world and even some steps beyond the Photomic and
old F-1 world. That shutter speed scale holds the poetics of its own.
Moreover -- I think the image holds semiotics of its own. The image is a
statement. To answer adequately I simply have to expose a picture of a Rollei
or a C3 or a Linhof.

               Peeter Vissak -

Sadly, in situations like this, other people are never able to enjoy the view,
because me (or some other member of that damned nation of image-capturers) is
running hither and thither snapping and clicking and adjusting the silent
tri-legged companion.

               Trevor Cunningham - Tourist Trap

Now, what I see is a nicely framed trap in bright tonality; a trap with
slightly fading almost joining off-diagonals; a trap with moderate
filter-effect, that gives air and space to the trap, but where are the
tourists?

               WRGill -

Don't say You don't work for Fugi Velvia Saturation Campaign ;o)
I wonder what does this guy miss while greeting You? What is there under the
left hand? Clutch?
Anyway it's really very dynamic and impressive picture, but looking once more
-- shouldn't those wheels turn round ;o)

               Jim Davis - Running Deer

Oh deer! That bright white swiss-knife-sharp "plumage" . . . (sigh!)
Me too says to those creatures "stay where you are!" but they never listen.
By the way -- did You take the picture while the ordinary people were snapping
the waterfall with their phones?
Anyway I always have a warm feeling seeing such pictures, just due to my
profession (Reserve Manager ;o)

               John Palcewski - Imagine

I always envy photographers shooting people, as I seldom do it myself.
It's a piece of a lively conversation (at least by my nordic standards). In
this context I like the expression on the child's face. It looks - how to say
- biblic. But regardless of that something in the picture is a little bit
boring. Perhaps they are discussing a boring problem?

               Tim Holmes - Lax Scrum

Just imagine - would the boys be without any equipment, just so, scuffling in
the street, wouldn't that be a shot?!

               Unbob Unrosen - The old and the new

Perhaps this is intentional, but the New is sort of hidden behind the Old. It
mustn't! The mirror-windowed state-of-the-art thing should tower sumptuously
over anything out of date :o)
Phew! I see -- this picture was made at the time You had no film in the
camera . . . or no camera in Your hand . . . or no You in the location . . .
or no location anywhere at all . . . This image must have been popped up
completely in our heads while staring at the monitor.

Now I must admit two more things:
Number one -- the number one image for me this week was Jeff's "Laundry".
Number another one -- believe it or not, but this review is my truly very
first newborn baby during the decades of membership. I have never ever
reviewed the Gallery before. So please take it accordingly!

Peeter
(very exhausted now :o)