commission advice/experience? (another new member)

Hi, all,

I'm all set for my initial meeting with a non-profit group which is considering commissioning me to photograph local parks.  My portfolio's ready, I've written a brief statement which mostly consists of where the photos in the portfolio were taken, since they're also of local landscapes.

Does anyone have any experience with commissions?  Any advice on what to offer, what to look out for?

Every situation is different, but I want to avoid as many pitfalls as possible from the beginning and to work out details in advance so nobody feels taken advantage of.  How should payment be worked out?  (Unfortunately, I can't afford to donate my services.)  Should I request that they pay for film and processing in addition to a fee?  Should my fee incorporate the cost of film and developing so that's not an issue?  Who keeps the negatives?  Would I be obligated to show them every shot?  What's a fair way of deciding on my fee?

Lots more questions come to mind but let's start with these.  I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has worked on commissions, before.  Are there any "standards" (meaning usual terms/conditions) in commission work?  Any websites anybody would recommend?

Thanks!

--Sally
http://home.earthlink.net/~photographs.by.sally.mack/