Re: sign off

At 5:49 AM -0400 8/30/04, shy_mel_photo@xxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:19:48 -0700 steves <sgshiya@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
 It amazes me how anyone can subscribe to an email list and then not
 know how
> to unsubscribe.

Some people live entirely in the present, with no care or thought for tomorrow or yesterday.

Some live in such a mess that they can't find anything in the piles of papers.

One thing I really like about the Mac is that everything can be accessible from the desktop with a double click. I have a friend whose house is covered with piles of papers - every even remotely horizontal surface is an excavation project. His desktop is exactly the same - icons on top of icons and no connection between them. I have another friend whose house is scarily tidy. Her desktop has two icons on it - hard disk and trash - and she uses her computer every day.

Some people subscribe to ISPs that keep all their mail on the server. They have to go to the server to look at it and it's an ordeal to transfer the mail to their desktop computer. Think AoHell.

It never occurs to them that that "welcome" mail will be deleted from the server in 14 days.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822