Re: Nice HOAX Re: Digital lens question

Alberto Tirado wrote:

--- Bob Rosen <afterswift@xxxxxx> wrote:

And if someone were to do such a thing, should we
ask ourselves why?

A sockpuppet exists only to troll - a no-no in any web
community such as this.

You're definitely not one of our Bobs. I may have lost your respect, but I doubt whether the rest of my colleagues feel that way.

Paul, if you you've been reading my posts carefully you'll find that I look at photography from a number of angles, constantly refining my ideas, making them come closer to my own experiences. Trying to get at the significance of our medium in contradistinction to all others. I want us to not only to be good at what we do, but excellent consistently at what we do.

So I ask, what is it that I'm doing as a photographer. Not what am I doing as a computerist. Not what I'm doing as a graphics technician. Not what I'm doing as a critic. Not what I'm doing as a business type. If that's why you mean by being narrowminded, I plead guilty; and I'm proud of that description if so intended.

I never attack anyone personally because of their ideas or their sense of mission or their constancy. This reduces stress, retains friends, and entertains constructive dialog. If you must humor me from time to time, what is lost? Whenever you see Afterswift on your screen, you can always ignore that post.

There are times when you agree with me. Why make a federal case out of it when you don't? Be constructive. You can rebut anything I say point for point. That challenges the mind.

A soft answer turneth away undeserved wrath.

Bob
(14/7/98)