Re: model release question, slightly different question

At 9:09 PM -0400 8/13/04, balobo@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I am about to compile a group of photographs done by amateurs, and put
them in a book and publish it. Can anyone help me with a release form for
these pictures? Do I really need anything?

The photographers hold the copyright to their pix. You need to get their permission to publish their pix, and if they're smart they'll want you to pay them something as well.

If I were you, I'd cover my ass. Get contracts with each photographer and model releases for each person in every photograph. Some significant buildings in the US have restrictions on their appearance in photographs and print as well.

Check out the copyright office web site, and the editorial photographers' web site as well.

You sure don't want lawyer's bills.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822