Re: Report on strip mall (artspace) gallery

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:03:49 -0700, Cap'n Jimmy <flyboy@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>       my point exactly....the end is far more important than the
>means.....and this just reminded me of the old story of the noted
>author commenting on a well known photographer's pictures.....*You
>must have a really good camera* he said....to which the photographer
>replied *yeah, and I enjoyed your last book...you must have a really
>good typewriter*......

Yup - after showing and giving some free dog photos to an owner the
other day at the dog run, he was admiring them and amazed at the
clarity and colour. Then, it struck him, and he said something like
'ya you have a digital camera, right'.

So I guess that explained the incredible quality, but nothing said
about my abilities. Oh well, I really do think he now believes I can
take good photos of dogs, I'm just not sure if he really knows why I
can take good photos. I could of course have taken the exact same
photos on film, and in the old days I used to do just that.

Other than the incredible tonal range and excellent colours which are
sometimes elusive to get from the lab with film, there is really no
difference in the shooting.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/