Re: Report on strip mall (artspace) gallery

At 8:00 -0700 8/8/04, Marilyn wrote:
I know this is getting boring to those who are reading. Thank you for suffering my blathering

Marilyn,

What you wrote about is far more interesting than all the stuff flying about anent digital photography. I would much rather read about a real slice of life versus opinion after opinion about an aspect of photography that's apparently here to stay. The success of the gallery is indeed testimony to the hard work and dedication of all involved. Instead of suffering, I'm grateful to you for your story. I just love reading about little triumphs like that which in reality aren't really so little. And isn't photography ultimately about the image and how it affects the viewer rather than the relative merits of the tools used? The real issue about digital to my mind is one of trust. Has a scene purported to be factual in fact been manipulated? This has long been an issue amongst nature photographers and I see it developing (!) around digital photography as well. For the record, I'm absolutely delighted with my Nikon D70 but I have no intention of parting with my F5. So thanks, Marilyn. Keep up the good work.

Jim
Baja Oregon