Re: Metz Mecablitz CT-4 battery setting

The instruction book I have for mine says to set the internal switch to the "dry"
position for the dryfit (sealed) lead acid battery.   The Pb is apparently for a
conventional lead acid battery.  The lug is to be set to "NC" for Nicads.

The "0" and "1" mean off/on   "O" being off,  the position where the red light
does not blink at varying rates according to the charge left. At "1, the red light
should blink.

Turn the switch to "O" during charging.

The lights on the end,where the cleverly shaped plug fits in only one of the choices,
come on, (side by side red and green) at the beginning of the charge.

The green light fairly quickly goes out; the red one goes out when the battery
reaches 80% charge,  then it's  charged in about 6 hours.

The dryfit battery is protected against overcharging by internal circuitry.

The nicad is not.

The Nicad takes only 4 hours.

If the dryfit was completely discharged, it might take 48 hours, sez the instruction
book.   That's for "exhaustive" discharge

Completely discharging the batt. is said to be a bad idea, generally.   When flash
gun ready light takes 30     seconds, stop and recharge.
(The NC batt wants a 4 hour charge every three months, when it's not being used.)

The instruction books are still available from Bogen, I think.
I had to replace mine about 6 years ago. Five bucks.

BTW, Metz says that the flash unit should be turned on for 15/20 minutes every
three months, to maintain peak performance.

Joe Fowler