Re: Meta Photography? The image within a picture...

Hm,
I'm not so sure - after all, the material thus extracted was not consciously
recorded by the photographer?
As for pictures I'd like to apply this to: I guess it would be fun to see
Man Ray through the eyes of Picasso or "Kiki", or to hang a picture of the
photographer taking some of the more famous nude shots (for example by
Helmut Newton) beside the finished work.
Also, some famous travel photographs could be quite revealing. How about a
portrait of Leni Riefenstahl seen by the Nuba (eg. the "mask" with black and
white face)?

Of course, the main application could be in historic shots and especially
photojournalism.
Maybe, this could help to decide whether some famous pictures are truly
authentic?
Robert Capa's falling soldier would keep his secret, however: you do not see
his eyes in the picture.

Laurenz

PS: oh, and one more legal complication: the photographer usually would not
have signed a model release form...