RE: PhotoForum membership

Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
> Here is a "statistic" of sorts about the list. There have been no
> new member registrations for over four months if memory serves me
> right. List membership stands at about 450 - high was about 1,000
> early on in mail list history .... like 1996 or so, 2 years after
> PhotoForum came onto the Internet map so to speak.

It's actually a remarkable achievement that the list still has so many
members
and, after all these years, that the list-keeper still has the stamina to
keep
it AND the weekly gallery running! He sure deserves a big hand! (By
comparison, the pinhole list has dramatically cut down its scope and
activities
when the founder passed it on to a different owner.)

I've been a member of PF since around 1996 and the most significant benefit
has
been the access to the brainpower of a group of great photographers when a
question arises. A less frequent but even more gratifying benefit has been
when meeting one or another list members in real life, as opposed to the
virtual world.

Perhaps some day someone will organize a PhotoForum event (a onventum or an
exhibition?) for all members to get together and shake a real physical
hand...
-:))

Best regards to all,

Guy Glorieux