RE: : Re: airlines & hand checks

--- Pini Vollach <pinimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >I got one without a little preview screen. Reasons were:
> lighter,
> >cheaper, and less to go wrong. I insert CF card and push one
> button.
> >Oh, forgot, I have to turn it on first. Goes off by itself
> though :-)
>
> The FlashTrax go on automatically when you put a card and push
> the backup
> button.
> Of course this is not the reason to buy it.
> The screen is quite big - 3.5" but not as sharp as I would
> expect.
> How about sending those devices in the suitcase ?
>
> --
> Jim Davis, President, Eastern Beaver Company
> http://ebeaver.oberro.com/
> Motorcycle Relay Kits - NEW Universal Relay Kit!
> I'm a BMW rider and enthusiast
>
> _______________________
> Pini Vollach
> http://www.pinimage.com

   I assume you mean put it in checked luggage. I doubt it would
be harmed even by the high-powered CTX 5000 scanners (or
whatever the current version is) used to scan that. But there's
another hazzard - theft. I NEVER put anything valuable in
checked luggage for that very reason. Better to put it in
carry-on or Fedex it ahead if you have no room in carry-on. Just
my opinion.

                                                Richard

=====
Richard Martin specializes in Cityscape