Re: : Re: airlines & hand checks

Walter wrote:

  Your memory cards can go through the xray machine in or
  out of your camera but do not allow them to go through the
  metal detecting scanner.  That means don't put your memory
  card in your pocket and then walk through the scanner.

This doesn't seem right. I have read MANY warnings about how to travel
through airports with photo gear, and I have not heard of this before. [And
for what it's worth, the risk to film at less than 400 ISO is pretty
negligible if you only have to pass through a few X-rays.]

I am willing to be educated, however. But I need to see the data about this
from a reliable source. I guess the fact that I did my postgrad work in
Missouri shows sometimes.

So, Walter, do you have a reference?

ciao

rand