RE: : Re: airlines & hand checks

--- Pini Vollach <pinimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What about a portable hard drive ?
> Is it sensitive to any of the security devices ?
> I intend to use it in my next travel.
> The Idea is to use only one CF card ( 512 Mb ) and transfer
> the images at
> the end of the day to
> a SmartDisk FlashTrax hard drive.
> Do I have to be careful of something ?
> Pini
>
> _______________________
> Pini Vollach
> http://www.pinimage.com

   I'm not aware of any issues with those. I think it's
essentially the same as putting a laptop through the scanners
but I have no personal experience with portable storage devices.
Thinking of getting one though. What I like about the FlashTrax
is that it has a little monitor so you can actually see the
images that are stored. Kind of a nice visual confirmation that
they are actually there.
   Be prepared to explain to the security folks at the airport
what it is and maybe demonstrate it. It doesn't exactly look
like a laptop (no keyboard) and some of those people aren't too
sharp.

                                                    Regards

=====
Richard Martin specializes in Cityscape