Re: PF exhibits 17-JUL-04

Hi Emily-
Thanks. I actually already own that dbd. It's a great dvd, but it seems as if
all of the war photographers that are still alive have had many close
encounters and been injured a number of times. I, for some reason, am getting death
threats from another journalist who happens to be pro Aristide. In fact, the
scariest thing for me when I was in Haiti was not the gunfights or the
assassination attempts on the guys that I was with, but actually when all of the other
journalists were trying to photograph the commander that I was with. They were
trying to get through a door that lead to the balcony where he went. They
shoved me up against a wall, and I thought I was about to be trampeled to death.
I was just trying to keep up with the commander (T-Wil) because he was my ride.

<< You might want to check out the video/DVD "War Photographer" about
 Jim Nachtwey.  He's been shooting awful events for his entire career
 and escaped with his life a number of times, most recently in iraq.
 The video has some interesting material about how he manages to stay
 safe.