RE: PhotoForum exhibits 10-JUL-04

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JUL 10
> 04. Authors
> with work now on display at
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:
>
>          jIMMY Harris - Track(s)

Interesting image.  Almost an abstract pattern picture, but I can see what
it is actually.  Nice contradiction and I like the strong diagonal.

>          Laurenz Bobke - Strange Kiss

Tanks - Military or Tanks - water.  I think military and a fitting end to a
machine which has only the use of destroying.

>          Jim Davis - Grebe with Babies

Nice nature shot - I spied a water fowl, it was a Grebe - a Grebe I cried it
was the lesser spotted grebe, the lesser spotted grebe, it danced I saw a
wiggling dance it was the lesser spotted grebe, a grebe I cried the lesser
spotted grebe.  --- A grebe.  (With apologies to the author of the original
which I have forgotten).

>          Bob Talbot - The Boat

Yes a documentary shot of the things we get up to when we holiday, yes
that's an interesting thing to do... lets look at some fish.  I saw it on TV
a few days ago (some fish that is).  If you look at the sea documentary by
that famous TV naturalist, you can see it is a jungle of survival. Fish
eating fish and being eaten.... dying and being eaten....  We just glimpse
their lives through a glass bottom from our dry land paradise we have
created than do our best to destroy it by making it better with a gun....

>          Marilyn Dalrymple - A friend's "pet"

How does he get over his natural fear of snakes....  UUURGH... Serpent.

>          Dan Mitchell - Yellow

Yes a nice manipulation and suitable for an article on the country side and
its photography.  Like painters make.

>          David Small - Flower Stand

Fairly dull image but well executed - like it.

>          John Palcewski - Still Life of Self Portrait

Nice concept and well executed, must have used some clever Photoshop
techniques.

>          Emily L. Ferguson -

Pity about the one that got away.  But a nice shot in difficult conditions.

>          Christopher Strevens - Family Home c1899 - 2004

Well we can't all live in Madison Avenue....  Lady of 91 at number 91!

Chris
http://www.chrisspages.co.uk