: Re: airlines & hand checks

Title: : Re: airlines & hand checks
At 19:39 -0700 7/1/04, Richard Martin wrote:
I doubt that flash memory like CF cards will be harmed by any
electrical or magnetic field you could encounter at an airport

     I emailed SanDisk technical support for an answer to this question. What I got back, while on the surface somewhat reassuring, leaves me still wondering if any comprehensive testing has been done by the manufacturers...FWIW....

Your Question/Problem:
I would like to know what the possibility of damage to the card is by airport xray machines and by airport magnetic scanners such as used by security.

SanDisk Response: (07/07/2004 04:27)
Hello,
Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical Support.
The cards should not be affected by airport security screening equipment. However you can always request the cards be hand inspected ifyou are not comfortable sending them through.

Jim
Baja Oregon