Re: New twist at my wedding last week

My wedding present to my niece was to take informal b-&-w shots at her wedding, photos that the professional photographer could not have taken.

I did not try to duplicate the formal shots or to take advantage of his set-ups. I'd cautioned my niece beforehand that I don't do that kind of photography and advised them to hire a professional photographer for the posed, professional shots she wanted. I didn't take any shots at the actual wedding.

While the professional photographer was setting up his equipment inside, I was outside photographing the bride and bridesmaid before the wedding. After the wedding, I photographed the happy couple both at the reception and, later, just fooling around, having changed into their travelling clothes before heading off to Jamaica for their honeymoon.

The couple was thrilled to have my shots as well as the professional photographer's.

--Sally