Re: Gallery of 2004-06-05

Even further, in southern New Hampshire there is a site called "Mystery Hill" whose layout closely resembles that of ancient Celtic worship grounds.  There's a story from the local Native Americans about a tribe of red headed and fair skinned people that mysteriously showed up one day and left shortly after in almost as mysterious a fashion.  There's also theoretical evidence that the Phoenicians were here well before any of these folks could have shown up.  And 10-50 thousand years ago, a group of immigrants ritefully claimed this land without actually claiming it...years later, other people had a different idea about that.

Don Roberts <droberts@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm surprised no one has picked up on this yet. It is my understanding
that Lief Erickson, the second son of Eric the Red, did land in North
America in Newfoundland. Erickson and Columbus both "discovered" lands
that had already been discovered and occupied for centuries. But the
inhabitants weren't European so they didn't count.
Don

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Since laws can't be made retroactive in the US you have nothing to
> fear in the US.
>
> And PS. Didn't Eric the Red the Viking discover America?
>

> In a message dated 6/9/2004 9:42:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Copyright is not a right - it is something society allows.
> Perchaps we should have permanent patent too - meal ticket for
> life for
> anyone who can prove their ancestor helped develop any of the
> things most
> of us take for granted!

Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City, Iowa
* *
We have met the enemy and he is us. - Walt Kelly

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?