Re: Varnishing hand-colored photographs

Hi Marylin,

Some people have had luck with the following item.
<http://www.gardco.com/rods.html>

They use a water-based product Polyshield clear gloss or satin
<http://hydrocote.com/>

For a less manual method, Golden paints also have a museum quality spray
that is reversible in case you have to remove it at a later date.
<http://www.goldenpaints.com/products/varnish/msa.php>

Here are a few links in no particular order.

<http://www.breathingcolor.com/gv.htm>

<http://www.acc-net.com/hydrocote/myths.htm>

<http://lacquer-mat.com/>

I also have a case of aerosol IRIS print spray protector that a client gave
me.

Contact me off list if this might be of some interest to you. I am not sure
of the restrictions of mailing aerosol products though.

Regards,

Roderick