Re: PF Exhibits on June 05, 04

hi all! this mailer features keep on troubling me. 3 different mailers and still no good one. List memebers have gotten mail that was to be sent to the list on several ocassions. this time it was Andy, who got my Gallery review...so here is goes...

>Dan Mitchell - Up the Creek
Dan, this is so different from your other shots. this is a shot NOT of the picturesque elegant river ones. And without the rage of boat colors like the older ones. One could make a paper on colors selected at diferent countries, by making a worldwide series out of it.

>D.L. Shipman - Manasota Key 28MAY04
Impressive. I would much like to see more of that bright streak on the right. BTW can you explain the gray hallo on the sky?

>Richard Cooper - Rochester, NY 4-04
the size does no justice to the image for sure...My point of view, but wouldn't it be better to move your camera a few feet to the right? The tension would be grater, wouldn't it?

>WRGill - Pebble Beach California
Ominus, hard, rough landscape...that's all i can say. (Landscape  do not work for me anymore)

>Greg Fraser - Assedo's Temptation
Greg i do not know what to say about that shot...and I cannot understand the title, and the light source. Spot or flashlight? Any more info please?

>Rubin F. Diehl - Ticiana's Eye
This is the unglamorous kind! Personally I find the emphasis on the eye weakend by the rough pale skin and the pointy breasts, which are formed by the only near straight lines in the image...I don't know..

>Per Ofverbeck -
First impression was "what is wrong with this pic?" well it is the mettalic hard wall surface of the hut. It is an artificial element in a wonderful nature scene. What a wonderful grass and shadows to lie on! Greens are impressive. And this is all i can comment 'cos i find your work one of the strongest in this forum.

>jIMMY Harris - New Moon conjunct Venus
I found the exact blue hue impressive and unique (it doesn't always have to be dark and saturated, does it). Much the same is the depiction/inclusion of the leaves an branches. good shot.
humor...had i been lying in a scenery like Per's photo, and weaking under such a sky, i would howl to hear my voice carry over the mountain !!!(hiking memories coming up for sure)

>Darryl Gage - Alicia
I like the setup/pose. And the depth of field. This is close to what i would like to make in nudes sometime. It is precisely what i mean when speaking of the female body curves. I would name the portofilio "a story of curves and shadow"

>John Mason - Why You Should Always Use Kodachrome For Your Family Photos
This is exactly why you SHOULDNT use Kodachrome. Cos the "old ghosts" are still strong to chase you. LOL
Seriously now, good point made.

>Emily L. Ferguson - slide guitar
A street musician? The light/shadow, the clothes, and the worn guitar seem to indicate so. Good choice of DOF, the textile surface is a functioning element of the shot.

>Christopher Strevens - Sarah at 21
So much like a painting.Too compressed? Makes me wonder how your Granda ould like captured in digital, if ever possible. The media changes, people don't, but after all the way we perceive them seems so irellevant from both...

enjoy all, kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...