WHO Photo Contest

Just sharing with you my  joy for being chosen finalist to the World Health Organization photo contest, "River of Life". I didn't win, though. :)

My entry is "Hanunuo Mangyan Father and Child", which is being displayed at

http://cdo.weblinq.com/~nazca/gallery2/2002/feb/3elizaga_hanunuo_father_child.html

I think this picture was shown in the Photo Forum exhibit in 2002.

I was informed about the selection of the photo by WHO in an email:
Your entry (entries) mentioned below has been selected for the final round in the selection process to be judged by the international panel of photographers for the "River of Life" WHO photo competition .

Please send us at this stage a 300 dpi resolution image of the entry (entries) mentioned below by MAY 3rd to whophotocompetition@xxxxxxx . This is in order for us to have good quality copies in time for the World Health Assembly from the 17th-22nd May, during which time the winning photographs will be displayed. Please also CLEARLY indicate your first and last name, title of photograph, and contact details if these do not correspond to those indicated below .

Electronic copies of the following photographs:
LOVE    Hanunuo Mangyan Father and Child        Elson T. Elizaga        Hanunuo Mangyan Father and child.jpg

After submitting the required version, I was later asked to submit a much bigger one, a request which I failed to comply for want of equipment and time:
Due to an accrued interest in the River of Life photo competition, we have decided to enlarge the photos to sizes greater than was originally planned.  We would like to exhibit photos at 50x70, 300 dpi.  We ask you therefore to please send us the best resolution images you have.  You may do this electronically, copy the images onto a CD and send to, or send hard copies to :

Ms. Christine Meynent

Department of Reproductive Health and Research

World Health Organization

Avenue Appia

1211 Genève 27

Switzerland

E-mail: whophotocompetition@xxxxxxx

Please try and post these in by May 14th.

Please also CLEARLY indicate your first and last name, title of photograph, and contact details if these have changed.  We ask you to also please not change the titles of the original images sent.

Thank you.

Here is the website showing all winners of the competition: http://www.who.int/reproductive-health/photocompetition.html

Elson
--