Re: Gallery: rework of Jimmy's shot.

In a message dated 5/29/04 12:03:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time, wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

OK, a crude quick blast with PS's clone tool  to indicate the scene I
might have liked to have taken.
All gardening would be easier pre-capture, assuming it was your
garden.
I also put some separation between right hand flower and foliage of
trees.

http://website.lineone.net/~wildimages/PF/jharris-2.jpg

Well, Jimmy did ask:
"I would appreciate any ideas on how to improve 'the composition' of
this photo using PS7 or PaintShop Pro photo editing programs."

jIMMY Harris - Yellow Flowers
As an assignment it's OK (is that self-imposed or part of a course?).

Forget PS: for my eyes at the taking stage I'd have moved a few cm to
the right and a cm or two down  to put space between the tree top
right and the flowers and I would have ripped out the left hand
flower.

Thank You BOB,

I -did- ask for help and ideas to improve this photo.  Your version does improve the composition and balance.  I appreciate You taking the time and effort to help me out.

The assignment was more self imposed  - as a small group of local photographers who challenge each other with a monthly theme - then compare results.  My scene was of a roadside group of wildflowers (weeds) and I did not want to get down on my knees to frame the shot -  thus the 'grab shot' composition.

I am still working on my PS 7 Clone technique and wish I could figure out how to do Layers.  PS 3.1 was much easier.

jIMMY