Re: Gallery Review...second try

interesting...so, there were literally mounds of baking soda out on the prairie?  or is that sodium bicarbonate?  so many people have been recommending kenyan/tanzanian safaris to me...i do have to go on one in the next couple years

Cap'n Jimmy <flyboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 6:46 -0700 5/30/04, trevor cunningham wrote:
>It looks to me like the camera metered on the trees on the hill as
>the foreground is too bright. Would like to see as much detail on
>the animals as in the trees. Giraffe rock and so do those trees in
>the middle

The meter actually gave the correct exposure for the
scene....what looks like overexposed ground is actually crystallized
sodium carbonate from the soda lake. The Rift Valley soda lakes are
very high in alkalinity from the surrounding volcanic terrain and
this, coupled with poor drainage, results in a high sodium carbonate
concentration. The end result is the white ground you see in my image.

Thanks for your comments,

Jim
Baja Oregon

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?