Re: crowded frame

Thanks Per and Bob.  You're right Per, you can overdo it very easily.  I have a York Minster cathedral interior that came out a lot more distroted than when I started!

Enjoy...trevor

Elgenper <elgenper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Trevor, is this one more like it?

http://ofverbeck.se/foto/Extras/Durham/Durham-cathedral-straight.jpg

(In addition to the straight-jacket thing, I opened it up a little).

It´s simple: open the image in a window, and show it a bit smaller than
the window (you need room for your help lines and handles). Now,
choose "Select - Select All".

Then choose "Edit - Transform - Perspective". Now, you´re rewarded
with small, square "handles" at the corners of the image. Just pull
either of the upper corners and see what happens.

A refinement: smack in the middle of the image is a small circle. This
marks the centre that the image will be distorted around, and it is
"draggable". Very useful, if an image is skewed both horizontally and
vertically.

Experiment a little! Try the other transforms too! Note that it is
easy to overdo this; perfectly straight verticals in a towering
building looks unnatural.

Also, if you plan to do this, leave a little more space around the
building when shooting it; it is needed so you can trim after the fact.

Per Öfverbeck
http://foto.ofverbeck.se

2004-05-26 kl. 10.00 skrev trevor cunningham:

> As I'm getting more and more comfortable with PS tools and things to
> make my pictures more, I've allowed myself to be led to the conclusion
> that pictures like this can be fixed to make verticals more vertical:
> http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham/durhamcath.html
>
> My photography vocabulary is embarrassing.  I am familiar with the
> keystone effect and was wondering if this picture exhibits the same
> thing, just in a different fashion.  Or is there another term for it?
> Anywho, can this be fixed easily in PS?  If so, which friggin' tool is
> used?

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?