Re: Minolta Auto-Spot 1deg meter?

Pablo Coronel <pcorone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>I picked one of those up in a tard sale this weekend, works well after
>putting batteries on it
>I compared it to my Nikon meters and it is within 1/2 stop of those.
>
>I was wondering how to calibrate it, operating instructions (besides
>pressing the button), etc.
>Anybody has used or still uses one?
>Anyone knows where to find a users maual?

Well, I don't have a Minolta Spotmeter, but I have my original Pentax
Spotmeter I. I took it all apart after it had sat for like 25 years,
and managed to get it working again and calibrated. But I do not
recommend trying that yourself, unless you are very handy with
electronics. There's like 6 little pots in there. I frigged with it
for hours.

--
Jim Davis
Nature Photography