Me gallery notes

While I rebuilds me laptop what crapped out after installing the latest Microsoft patch, I be typin'  me notes on the PF http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html member's gallery.

John Warner (Sailboat) - I dunna see the sailboat but I likes the picture just the same. The stretch of pier brings me into the boat which easily grabs my attention wit its yellow gunwale and I happily rides back to the bottom left corner where I pick up the pier again and ride over and over. The little spit o land at the right gives me a nice balance to the shot which would be too one-sided for me were it removed. I like it.

Dan Mitchell (Washroom) - The lighting is almost lovely but a wee bit too dark down below. The composition don't flow fer me. I feel stuck in the middle with the dual windows and the single sink and der's nuttin' I want to stare at dat long in da sink area.

C J R Strevens (Sol at Midday) - Gloomy, stormy, evil midday scene. Broken light struggling to kick a hole in the clouds. A metaphor perhaps? Warms my heart actually.

Alberto Tirado (Comet NEAT) - Well it looks like many of my negatives I developed. Overly dense except for the spots where crap stuck to the emulsion. Of course your image is supposed to look like that and mine need to be passed off as 'alternative process'.

Trevor Cunningham (Worn Down to Self) - 'Get there before it gets like Sharm.'. Ah, Sharm. Tis a shame about Sharm. The diagonal at the top 'o the shot bothers but if you move the camera angle so the beam goes level, you lose the secret. So if I was in charge, I'd chop it out of the picture. To me that gives the dancing wires more prominence as the image ends with their delicacy and not a large, angled hunk of steel.

Fletcher Jernigan - Seems too cyanny to me. Sure is sharp though and I like the feeling of depth and pain.

jIMMY Harris (Yellow Flowers) - I've seen so many extremely similar shots to this that it has lost its thrill factor for me. However, I do like the inclusion of trees in the background and the way the foliage curves around the upper left sun.

Andrew Davidhazy (Flight deck view) - Loved your story about dropping the batteries Andy. Classic. Sort of like Kramer dropping candy in the operating room theatre. I too flew off an aircraft carrier (prop engine though. Great ride. Unfortunately, I landed on the ship in a helicopter so didn't get to experience the arresting cable although if I remember right I was arrested shortly after getting back to Norfolk. Trumped up charges. I swear!

Thank you tireless PF staff for your undying dedication to your craft.

Greg Fraser
Slapper of Newts
"Things are never what they seem" - Vlad
http://users.imag.net/~lon2251/Gallery