Re: What I taped on my mirror this morning

Marilyn,

Thanks for the beautiful image (and some thanks to the Dalai Lama as well,
for the words...)
I've just picked up Walt Whitman for the first time today, and I thought I'd
share this from the original intro to 'leaves of grass', along the same
vein, addressing poets,

This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise
riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy,
devote your income and labour to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning
God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to
nothing known or unknown to any man or number of men, go freely with
powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of
families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of
your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any
book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a
great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the
silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in
every motion and joint of your body...

... perhaps the poet of 1855 is the photographer of today.

regards,
- eric & walt