re: gallery review

At 9:42 +0900 5/20/04, Jim Davis Nature Photography wrote:
Lovely shot of a lovely butterfly for sure. I have two complaints here. I'd love to see the antenna stand out better. And if you're cropping so close to square, I'd go to a real square format. Although the background on the left is lovely, a smaller part of it would still be lovely. I have had the same dilemma - where you just can't bear to lose some of such a lovely background.

well, I went ahead and tried that and you know what??....you're right...the image holds together with a lot of the left background gone and also in a perfectly square format...I think perhaps I was rather enamoured of the background....not much I could do about the antenna, though....I had one shot before it departed and this is it...sometimes butterflies can be more elusive than birds....thanks for the insights....

Jim
Baja Oregon