Re: bad law -- or is it??

I've always been interested in how legislation is often geared towards sales and use of certain products and not the scale of production of the goods.  Indeed, capital growth and expansion of the market is needed to improve, if not maintain, the standard of living.  But  it seems that all of this technology has done the opposite of making our lives simpler.  More and more behavior legislation, some clear, some not, is making a lot of lawyers very rich.  If we are going in the direction of strong government then let us not try to fool anybody and go all the way.  In fact, I'm amazed Homeland Security hasn't already crawled up the butts of everybody who used their credit cards to buy one of these phones.  I would like to see legislation passed that restricts the production of these goods.  Gun control is a joke.  You have to wait seven days to buy a handgun.  You cannot buy an assault rifle at a gun store, but you can at a gun show.  Availability is the issue.  Certainly the execs at Nokia and Sony Ericson said to themselves, "Wow, imagine what you could do with one of these!"  and I'm sure the list was well inclusive of a variety of potential civil offenses (you simply do not produce without thinking of this).  Unfortunately, it falls into the category of not their problem...unless they are a tobacco company.  But, you haven't heard much about that since Schrub has been in office.