Re: warning

At 9:02 AM -0400 5/11/04, shy_mel_photo@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Ver r r ry  inter r r resting! I did not know this. Thanks for the heads
up, but how do I figure it out then?

You don't . No one seems to be able to in any permanent way. Spammers just keep rearranging their code to continue doing what they seem determined to do.

For yourself you can get an internet service provider which offers you good spam filtering.

Juno is definitely not one of those. AoHell doesn't seem particularly good at it either. Hotmail is part of the problem. I don't know about others like yahoo, netscape and the other sites that also offer email.

I do know that my ISP filters out 100 spam messages a day from my account, that I can review those messages to determine whether something that they think is spam is actually something I want and that I can set up a list of people from whom I wish to hear with my ISP.

My email reader also filters spam. I use Eudora. It's cross platform. http://www.eudora.com

You can also check the privacy policies of any sites you visit often, like amazon and yahoo and ebay and select the types of affrontery to which you are willing to be subjected. I strongly recommend that you do that today. In fact it's best to do that immediately.

Greed is the name of the game on the internet.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822