Re: The X in the series gallery

On Sun, 09 May 2004 10:09:20 -0400 (EDT)
ADavidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Would be interesting to see if it's the "x" in "gallery-x" that's
> > choking up AoHell.
>
> Emily and others ... The "X" was supposed to stand for the number 10
> since that was the number of photographs that could be installed per
> person in that space. It would be a simple matter to migrate the files
> to a new directory and get rid of the "X" association. Let me think
> about what it might be called ... I guess it could remain just "gallery"
> but as a subdirectory in a "series" directory ... hmmmm ... decisions,
> decisions!  :)

Protest: If AO-hell, or any other megacorporation for that matter, is
screwed up, it is the megacorporation that needs fixing, not a perfectly
properly set up server. Fortunately, AOL can be fixed simply, by going
elsewhere...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/29/aol_q1_04/

(On another list, someone with a hyphen in the domain name of their
email address can't subscribe to a Yaboo! group - turns out this could
be fixed by signing on as something other than info, as in
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -> yaboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I blame the conspiracy.)

Brian Chandler
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan