Review 25 April 2004

Steve Shapiro wrote:
What a great group of photographs.  Well done.
I enjoyed every one.

I Agree with you !

In addition to this here are some of my ideas about this week:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

John Warner
Sailboat
I like the arrangement of the picture including the place of the boat.
I see a path in the mountain pointing to the boat.
The problem is that the mountain is very dark.
I tried to fix it here: http://pinimage.com/warner.jpg
In the low left corner there are yellow flowers, I would want to see more of
them IN the frame.

Dan Mitchell
Gloriam
Very good exposure, very good sense of depth / perspective.
I can guess that you fixed the exposure in PhotoShop, isn't it ?
If the answer is: Yes, then you did it well.

Pini Vollach - Shapes Coexistence

Les Baldwin
Fashion Portrait
Although fashion is not my field, I like this one.
Very good PhotoShop work here.
It lack some sharpness in face and near her shoe but overall it is
astonishing.

Jim Davis
Nest Material Gathering
I have some experience with photo panning of birds (see "Patagonia" on my
web site ). Yes, It ain't easy, as you said.
You have to move the camera the same speed as bird fly in order to get it
sharp.
You got a good one here !
the odd fact here is that you chose a "portrait" direction instead of
"landscape".
With moving objects we use to see to where the bird is going..?
Is it a crop or you really held your camera in this direction ?

Jonathan Harris
Wallmart Flower
I like the composition a lot, there is a zigzag line, made of the edges of
the table and the edge of the curtain, that "seats" very well in the frame.
I like also the colors and the contrast between flower and table saturation
and unsaturation background.
Again, good PhotoShop work.
The legs behind give it an interest.
Such pictures need to be very "clean" from strange objects.
Here the unknown piece in the lower left side triangle bother me and I would
prefer to eliminate the dark circle behind the legs, too.
I don't think the name you gave it make justice to the image.

Trevor Cunningham
View from the prison cell
You had trapped me too.
I like the lightened Egyptian lamp against the nice dark lattice but you
cropped it too tight.
I like to see more of the lamp hanging and more in the bottom.
Of course you have reasons to doing it that we can't know but this is my
feelings.
Or, maybe that's what you wanted us to feel ? a sense of prison ?

John Palcewski
Wildflowers for Vittoria
Perfect arrangement and composition
Perfect colors and lighting
Perfect image.

Waiting to see more pictures of all of you.

Pini

Pini Vollach
http://www.pinimage.com

-