Pass the Camera?

Can members of PhotoForum please fill me in and remind me about the status
of the Pass the Camera project?

Are the photographs from the project still in a central location?   Are
they, or copies of them, available for showing if an opportunity arose?

I also remember someone stating that a showing of the project may be
included at the Smithonian Institute sometime in the future, but I don't
remember if that was said in jest, or if it was a serious consideration.

Any information would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Marilyn