RE: digital light path help

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:52:09 -0500
> lea <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone direct me to a graphic that shows the light path
> when using a
> > point and shoot digital camera? Something like the graphic you
> > frequently see for 35mm SLR equipment...how the light goes
> in, strikes
> > the mirror, heads up to the pentaprism, flips over and heads out the
> > viewfinder.
>
> Uh, well, since there's no pentaprism, no mirror, no nothing
> much, isn't
> it pretty much as shown here:
> http://imaginatorium.org/stuff/cufilter.htm#calc
>
> There's a lens, a tulip, and an image of the tulip on the CCD imaging
> device.
>
> Brian Chandler

Hi Lea,

Here http://focus.ti.com/docs/apps/catalog/resources/blockdiagram.jhtml?bdId=856 is an incredibly detailed diagram from Texas Instruments. Are they still in business? The part you want is at the left just slightly above the middle although the rest of the diagram helps show how complex things get after the light hits the sensor.

This one from Toshiba http://www.toshiba.com/taec/applications/digital_camera.shtml is slightly less crowded and it shows the scene being photographed.

At the bottom of Ted's page http://www.ted.photographer.org.uk/camera_types.htm there is an extremely simple version which is nothing more than a cutaway view of a Sony camera with a couple of red lines drawn straight through it. Ted though, shows you the light path of many types of cameras so this might be the most usefull to you.

Can't look any more. I've had my boss on hold while I looked this up.

Greg